About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a writer and spiritual explorer who has studied and practiced techniques of spiritual growth, release and change for the last thirty years -- and that's just the years in which I realized that that is what I was doing! Do I now fully realize what I'm doing? I hope not, for "full realization" sometimes means reducing things to what we think we understand. Perhaps it would be appropriate to say that that which is presumably understood is like the train on which we are riding, while the scenery outside the windows is the world that we come here to experience, and it is that which is not understood. We leave that which is comfortable and move toward that which is unknown, for the predictability of the known is ultimately more unbearable than the lurking fear which brims from that which is mysterious. All life involves change, differentiation, and passage of one sort or another. It is my pleasure and challenge to apply the tools of change to myself, and to share with others what may work for them. Eventually the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

TETON SUNRISE



Oh, the fiery notch!

As I gaze toward the mountain wall

How she blazes!

How she fills the rock!

Her streams of fire like living light

Come reaching for me

How red you are!

How filled with life and love

How could anyone say you are far away

As you blaze here in my heart and eyes

Some may call your light gentle

But I know you!

You rage within me

Oh love me, love me now

And take away the cold

How could you not?



Written during a cloudy winter, 1994 – 95
Skagit Valley, Washington State
copyright 1995 Scott Amun

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous as if just written. Ageless and timeless.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers